A Summer Cold
Friday July 28, 2006
- "... Discover Mag ...": Here's a link to a pretty good article about colds in general from Discover Magazine.
- "... Nose, Defined ...": From the Merriam-Webster Third Unabridged:
The vertebrate olfactory organ consisting essentially of a moist layer of sensory epithelium derived from invaginated embryonic ectoderm and in intimate contact with terminations of the olfactory nerve, lying in higher vertebrates in the upper part of the nasal cavity and in fishes in small sacs on each side of the head, and communicating with the external environment through the nares
I would have added a second definition: "Schnozzola," but that's why I don't write dictionaries.
- "... National Institutes of Health ...": Here's the link to the fact sheet on colds put out by NIH.
- "... NIH (II) ...": Here's a link to another NIH page which talks about chicken soup.
- "... Common Cold dot org ...": The course of treatment suggested by these guys is scary.
- "... MULLINGS ARCHIVES ..." Here are links to the Archive pages going back to 1998.
Years 1998 - 2001
Years 2002 - 2005
Current Year Arcives
- Mullfoto of the Day
(Photo by Robin Weiner/U.S. Newswire)
On Wednesday, I was invited to participate in an event for the Institute of World Politics which had just received its accreditation to offer Masters Degrees in "Statecraft and World Politics" and "Statecraft and National Security Affairs."
If you know someone who is thinking about a career in one of these areas, they should check this out.
Catchy Caption of the Day
Santas from around the world gather for the annual congress at the amusement park of Dyrehavsbakken in Copenhagen.
Despite the sweltering heat, the Santas from Europe, the United States and Japan paraded through the Christmas-decorated park clad in their wintry red outfits.
Right next door, I'll bet, was the annual Mensa Congress.
Home | Current Issue | Past Issues | Email Rich | Rich Who?
Copyright �2006 Richard A. Galen | Site design by Campaign Solutions.