Final Trip to the Final Frontier
Friday July 8, 2011
- "� Star Trek ... ": The "Final frontier" and " to boldly go ..." came from the opening of the long-running Star Trek franchise.
- "� Shuttle Facts ... ": Here's a link to the PDF file provided by NASA filled with facts about the Shuttle program.
- "� Sputnik Correction ... ": In the e-mail version of the column I wrote that Sputnik was the first "manned satellite." What I was trying to type was first "man-MADE satellite." Thanks to all who pointed out the error.
- "� Sputnik ... ": Here's the Wikipedia entry for the Soviet Sputnik program.
- "� Kennedy's Speech ... ": Here's a link to NASA's page with a photo of President Kennedy's speech to a Joint Session of Congress on May 25, 1961.
- "� Apollo 11 Facts ... ": Here is a link to the NASA page with interesting facts about the first lunar landing.
- "� Phrases we Hate ... ": Here's the list of 80-or-so words and phrases which set your teeth on edge.
Mullfoto of the Day
Sign in a newsstand at Reagan National Airport.
Pretty good idea.
Catchy Caption of the Day
A spider is seen near the space shuttle Atlantis at the Kennedy Space Center Thursday, July 7, 2011, in Cape Canaveral, Fla. Atlantis is scheduled to launch on Friday, July 8 and is the 135th and final space shuttle launch for NASA.
One last opportunity to "touch the face of God."
(AP Photo/Terry Renna)
Home | Current Issue | Past Issues | Email Rich | Rich Who?
Copyright �2011 Barrington Worldwide, LLC | Site design by Campaign Solutions.