Wednesday July 6, 2011
- "� Minnesota Facts ... ": This is a pun on a real-life pool hustler nick-named "Minnesota Fats." Fats' real name was Rudolph Luther Wanderone, Jr., and he was famous in pool halls throughout the country in the middle of the 20th century.
"Fats" became a household name when his character was played by Jackie Gleason in the 1961 film The Hustler. The movie starred Paul Newman as "Fast" Eddie Felson. His nomination for Best Actor was one of nine Oscar nominations for the film. It won two - Best cinematography for a B&W film and Best Art Direction for a B&W film.
- "� DFL Party ... ": Here's a link to the DFL's webpage which will give you a preview of how national Democrats will attack Republicans.
- "� What's Closed in MN ... ": Here's the Minneapolis Star-Tribune's list of what's open and what's closed in Minnesota.
- "� Legislators & Paychecks ... ": Here's a link to the piece about Minnesota State Legislators and their paychecks.
- "� Profiles in Courage ... ": Here's a link to the JFK Library page about President Kennedy's famous book, "Profiles in Courage."
Mullfoto of the Day
Mullings Central all decked out for Independence Day. Flowers and Gardening by the Mullings Director of Standards & Practices.
I put out the flag. Then I took a nap.
Catchy Caption of the Day
This is not the official caption, but it is a photo of Cuban leader Fidel Castro visiting with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez following Chavez' cancer surgery in Havana.
But, what's with the Buffalo Bob outfit?
Home | Current Issue | Past Issues | Email Rich | Rich Who?
Copyright �2011 Barrington Worldwide, LLC | Site design by Campaign Solutions.