Is Obama Up to This?
Tuesday August 25, 2009
- "… Lockerbie ...": Here's the Wall Street Journal coveage of the release of the Lockerbie bomber.
- "… CIA ...": Here's the link to the Washington Post's explanation of who did what - or didn't do what - to whom in the interrogations following the attack on the USS Cole.
- "… New WH Unit ...": Here's MSNBC's coverage of the decision to open another White House oversight unit; this time on CIA interrogations.
- "… ...":
Mullfotos of the Day
There are several points I want to make about this photo from Mazar-i-Shareef, Afghanistan on votin' day:
1. Note that we were allowed into the women's voting center.
2. Note, too, that not only is a woman (she was the polling place manager) having her photo taken, but she is shaking hands with a person of the male persuasion.
3. There is a woman of cover in the background who was not ducking from the photo being taken.
4. This tent is really a classroom. See how the students can study meteorology by looking up at the actual sky.
5. See how happy the precinct manager appears to be.
6. Am I beginning to lose my hair?
Mullfoto by Chris Holzen
Catchy Caption of the Day
Bangladeshi police stand guard during a rally in April 2009. Bangladeshi police officers will hit the streets a little smarter and more confident after a beautician was called in to give grooming tips to new recruits.
Reminds me a little of my first day in the reception center at Ft. Bragg, NC for basic training. A beautician was called in to shave my head and shout at me to "GET OUT OF MY CHAIR!" when he was done.
(AFP/File/Munir Uz Zaman)
Home | Current Issue | Past Issues | Email Rich | Rich Who?
Copyright ©2005 Richard A. Galen | Site design by Campaign Solutions.