A Surprising President
Mondday July 18, 2011
- "… Health Care Vote ... ": The bill passed by a vote of 219-212 with no Republicans voting for it. At the time of the vote Obama's Democrats had a majority of 253-178 with four vacancies.
- "… Junta ... ": A Spanish word pronounced "HOOn-tah" Defined in Merriam-Webster's Third Unabridged as:
1. A council or committee for political or governmental purposes, especially;
1a. A closely knit group of persons composing or dominating a government especially after a revolutionary seizure of power
- "… Egyptian Generals ... ": Here's a link to the Washington Post piece on the Egyptian Generals' desire to design a government in which they hold all the cards.
- "… Jordan ... ": Here's the link to the Aljazeera report on unrest in Jordan's capital of Amman.
Mullfoto of the Day
Is this the cutest Mullfoto ever? Three-year-old Madylin and 11-week-old standard poodle Clancy playing in their backyard in Marietta, Ohio 45750.
(Mullfoto by Bill White)
Catchy Caption of the Day
Kids run into the mud pit during the annual Mud Day in Westland, Mich., Tuesday, July 12, 2011. Wayne County mixes more than 200 tons of topsoil and over 20,000 gallons of water to ensure that the mud is just right.
For those of us from Ohio, it does not surprise us to learn that this is what passes for fun in Michigan.
(AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)
Home | Current Issue | Past Issues | Email Rich | Rich Who?
Copyright ©2011 Barrington Worldwide, LLC | Site design by Campaign Solutions.